Tuesday, April 5, 2011

We're ALL making sacrifices for this thing.

If I had to choose the mantra of the Gala Planning Committee this year, it would be this: "It can work, BUT WE'LL HAVE TO PAINT IT!" Truthfully, we've gone through more paint than you can imagine and have worn ourselves out with painting everything we can get our hands on. I actually think I have sustained a mild spray paint injury in my right index finger! But, I keep telling myself: THESE are the sacrifices we MUST make for fabulous party decorations!!

As for my dog? He too has suffered...dutifully providing faithful companionship in the dark, cold, un-carpeted basement (aka Gala Paint Headquarters) for weeks and weeks on end. Poor Arnold has had paint splatters on just about every part of his body, and in just about every color. I think he will certainly be ready for this party to come and go!!

We DO have a few more days. But the painting, the planning, the hard work of it all...it is ALMOST over. And, I, for one, will miss his little blue paws. I think he looks GREAT in turquoise.

No comments:

Post a Comment